Dental Implants in Preston
What are dental implants?
Dental implant treatment is a means of replacing one or more missing teeth. The dental implant itself is a titanium screw which is placed into the jaw bone to replace an absent tooth root. This implant is then used to support a crown (or another type of dental restoration such as a denture or a bridge). Oaklands Dental have been placing dental implants in Preston since 2008.
Am I suitable for dental implants?
An assessment is required to ensure that the space that is present is suitable for an implant. An x-ray will be required to assess the quantity and quality of the bone available and to ensure a great result could be achieved.
What is involved in the procedure?
Following the initial consultation, an appointment is organized to place the implant, following placement the implant is normally given time to integrate into the surrounding tissues, becoming a fixed structure. After this, an appointment is organized to take impressions so that the laboratory can fabricate the final restoration, which can then be cemented at the final appointment.
How long do they last?
With proper maintenance, a well-placed implant can last a lifetime
Will it hurt?
No. Anesthetic will be used to numb the area prior to implant placement. After the implant is placed the area may feel tender for the following few days.
5 Reasons to choose dental implants in Preston
- Replace one or more teeth to fill gaps and improve your smile
- Implants are permanent fixtures that allow you to eat normally again
- Implants should last a lifetime if they are properly cared for
- Implants don’t rely on your other teeth for support, so neighbouring teeth are not damaged in the procedure
- Implants can improve your self-confidence and well being